Application for Apartment
Repairs, Alterations, Renovations
280 BRONXVILLE OWNERS CORP.
APARTMENT ALTERATIONS / RENOVATIONS / REPAIRS
APPLICATION AND PROCEDURES
(Updated March 2017)
This form must be submitted by the Shareholder to obtain approval for the performance of all Alterations/Renovations/Repairs, including painting and decorations, ("Work"). No Work may be performed until written approval has been granted by the Board of Directors of 280 Bronxville Owners Corp. (the "Corporation") based upon compliance with this Application.
Owner: _____________________________________ Apartment #:_____________
Day/Evening Phone __________________________ Cell Phone ____________________
Type of Alteration/Renovation/Repair that you are requesting to be performed in your apartment (please attach drawings or copy of plans or a detailed scope of work)
Licensed Contractor performing work: (use new application for each contractor)
Please provide the following:
(1) Contract (prices may be deleted or omitted).
(2) Contractor’s License(s).
(3) Contractor’s Certificate of Insurance for Liability, Workmen’s Compensation & Disability Policies naming both the Corporation and the Managing Agent as additional insured.
(4) Hold Harmless Agreement (Each contractor must sign a hold harmless agreement) .
(5) Building Permit(s) if required by local regulations.
(6) Minimum Damage/Security Deposit ($1,000.00 must be submitted by Shareholder. A Contractor’s will not be accepted.
(7) Proposed work date and duration of project in work days.
The Proprietary Lease prohibits alterations, structural additions or improvements to be performed in the apartment without the written consent of the Board of Directors. The following procedures for the renovation/alteration/repair of a unit must be complied with as follows:
A. NECESSARY APPROVALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Any Shareholder who intends to make any renovation or alteration to a unit, including, but not limited to, carpentry, plumbing, electric, etc., shall complete the application form and deliver it to the Managing Agent for approval. The application shall be accompanied by:
a. Plans(s) and drawings of proposed work, drawn to scale.
b. Copies of contracts with contractors and or subcontractors with addresses and phone numbers.
c. Certificates of Insurance from contractors and subcontractors:
i. Naming Corporation and Managing Agent as additional insured.
ii. Must indicate a minimum of one million dollars ($1,000,000) in general liability,
iii. Must indicate proof of workers compensation and disability policies;
d. Building Permit(s) and all other municipal approvals – if required by law;
e. A check made payable to the Corporation (280 Bronxville Owners Corp.) in the amount of $1,000.00 as minimum Damage Security Deposit; (also see no. 3 and 4 of Responsibilities). Upon completion of the renovations, and submission of Certificates of Completion, if applicable, the security deposit shall be refunded to the Shareholder, LESS $200.00 AS A SERVICE FEE TO THE CORPORATION.
f. Construction Schedules and duration of project in working days.
g. Contractor License(s), and
h. Hold Harmless Agreement, signed by Owner and Contractor.
2. Written consent from the Cooperative must be obtained prior to the commencement of any work.
1. In order to allow for the timely processing of complete requests the Management Company must be allowed a minimum of 5 business days to respond to your request. Do not schedule work with your contractors until you have received written approval of your request.
2. The Shareholder shall be solely responsible for the costs of any engineer(s) or other professional (s) employed by the Board of Directors to review application and or plans in connection with any proposed renovation or alteration, and such person’s opinion regarding the necessity of a building permit shall be binding. If this is required, you will be notified prior to the engagement of the professional.
3. On a case by case basis the Cooperative may require a greater damage security deposit than $1,000.00 depending upon the extent of the renovation or alteration.
4. Any renovations and/or alterations resulting in damage to an adjacent apartment or common area shall be the responsibility of the Shareholder performing the work.
5. Any damage, which is a result of the Shareholder’s work, must be repaired to the satisfaction of the Board within 10 business days of receipt of written notice of such damage. If the Shareholder fails to repair such damage within this period of time the Board may make arrangements to have such damages repaired. The costs of such repairs will be deducted from the Damage Security Deposit and any balance remaining will be charged to the Shareholder’s maintenance account.
6. The hours of work are limited to 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Work which will produce unusual noise which might be disturbing to other residents shall not be commenced before 10:00 am. No work may be performed on Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays. (Holidays are: New Years Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Columbus Day, Election Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Hanukkah and Christmas Day.)
7. The Shareholder shall be solely responsible for the prompt removal of any rubbish or debris caused by such renovation or alteration.
8. Alterations performed without written approval will be subject to a monetary penalty, plus any additional costs incurred through enforcement, to be paid by the Shareholder and considered maintenance charges, without limitations, including legal fees.
9. Shareholders performing work are required to notify units adjoining and across the hall. Management will post a notice in prominent locations in the building advising residents of the commencement and duration of the renovations, including the Apartment number.
10. All contractors must check in and out with the building Superintendent.
11. Floor finishes must be water based. When finishing floors, windows must be left open for ventilation.
12. Work that requires water shutdowns within the building must be scheduled a minimum of 5 business days in advance in order to allow adequate time to notify other residents within the building.
13. When the work to be performed involves changes to the plumbing in the kitchen and/or bathroom(s) new/additional shut off valves must be installed at the time of renovation. Branch lines must be replaced and an inspection of the main water risers must be scheduled with Management or the Superintendent before the walls are closed-up.
14. No materials or refuse may be stored in the hallways or stairwells of the building. All materials must be kept within the unit.
CONTRACTOR/VENDOR RULES AND REGULATIONS
* * * (RESIDENT – GIVE THIS TO YOUR CONTRACTOR) * * *
All contractors/vendors that provide services to 280 Bronxville Owners Corp. and/or the residents of 280 Bronxville Owners Corp. are required to comply with the following rules:
1. No contractor/vendor may perform any work within the complex without first receiving written approval from the Cooperative.
2. Construction Schedules must be provided to the cooperative for all work that is being performed.
3. All contractors/vendors must provide an Executed copy of the Coop’s Hold Harmless Agreement.
4. The hours of work are limited to 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Work which will produce unusual noise which might be disturbing to other residents shall not commence before 10:00am. No work may be performed on Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays. (Holidays are: New Years Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Columbus Day, Election Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Hanukkah and Christmas Day.)
5. All contractors/vendors must check in and out with the building Superintendent.
6. Floor finishes must be water based.
7. Work that requires water shutdowns within the building must be scheduled a minimum of 5 business days in advance in order to allow adequate time to notify other residents within the building.
8. Contractor is responsible for providing the Superintendent with 24 hour notification of material deliveries and if elevator pads are required.
9. When the work to be performed involves changes to the plumbing in the kitchen and/or bathroom(s) new shut off valves must be installed at the time of renovation. Branch lines must be replaced as well.
10. No materials or refuse may be stored in the hallways or stairwells of the building. All materials must be kept within the unit.
11. Contractors/vendors may not park anywhere on 280 Bronxville Owners Corp. property. Deliveries of materials must be made from the service entrances in the rear of the building, either north or south. The Lobby cannot be used for deliveries or removal of debris.
12. All contractors/vendors/workers must enter and exit the building via the Garret Place entry. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD materials be transported through the main lobby.
Any contractor/vendor that violates the rules and regulations will be barred from performing work in the building.
HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
Name of Cooperative: 280 Bronxville Owners Corp. (referred to herein as the “Cooperative”)
Address of Cooperative: 280 Bronxville Road, Bronxville (Yonkers), NY (referred to herein as the “Premises”)
Name of Contractor: _____________________________________________ (referred to herein as the “Contractor”)
Address of the Contractor: _________________________________________
The Shareholder and the Contractor herewith agree that if any claim is made against the Cooperative as a result of any Work performed by the Contractor, the Shareholder and Contractor will hold the Cooperative harmless as against any such claim, judgment, loss, penalty, expense, damage, injury, attorney's fees, costs, disbursements, and the like as a result of any such action and will indemnify the Cooperative as a result of any such claim and for any judgment, claim, loss, penalty, expense, damage, injury, attorney's fees, costs, disbursements and the like and will pay for same. The Cooperative will be entitled to retain their own counsel, at the expense of the Contractor for the defense of any such claim, action or litigation.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and fully understand the Contractor/Vendor Rules and Regulations as well as Unit Renovation/Alteration/Repair Procedures.
RESPONSE TO APPLICATION (TO BE COMPLETED BY MANAGING AGENT)
To: _________________________________ Apartment #: _____________
We are in receipt of your Application for Proposed Apartment Alterations/Renovations/Repairs.
________ Your request is hereby approved.
Please contact Management to schedule all work.
________ Your request cannot be processed because the following items were not submitted with your package:
Please provide the following:
____ Contract (prices may be deleted or omitted)
____ Contractor’s License(s)
____ Contractor’s Certificate of Insurance for Liability, Workmen’s Compensation & Disability
____ Policies naming Corporation and Managing Agent as additional insured.
____ Hold Harmless Agreement to be signed by each contractor
____ Building Permit(s) if required by local regulations.
____ Minimum Damage/Security Deposit ($1,000.000). This check must be remitted by the Shareholder since Contractor checks will not be accepted.
____ Proposed work commencement dates and duration of project in work days.
Please submit the missing items so that we may continue to process your request.
If there are any questions, please contact our Managing Agent at (914) 674-2100.
Very truly yours,
280 BRONXVILLE OWNERS CORP.