280 Bronxville Owners Corporation
(Revised as of May 2015)
(1) The public halls and stairways of the building shall not be obstructed or used for any purpose other than ingress to and egress from the apartments in the building, and the fire towers shall not be obstructed in any way.
(2) Children shall not play in the public halls, courts, stairways, fire towers, elevators or outside grounds. Except authorized employees of the Lessor, no one shall be permitted on the roof unless specifically authorized and for a proper business purpose by the Board of Directors.
(3) No public hall shall be decorated or furnished by any Lessee in any manner without the prior consent of the Board of Directors.
(4) No Lessee shall play upon or suffice to be played upon a musical instrument between the hours of II p.m. and 8 a.m. No Lessee shall play upon or permit to be operated a phonograph, radio or television in a manner which disturbs any other resident between the hours of II p.m. and 8 a.m. No Lessee shall permit at any time the making of loud or disturbing noises. No construction may be performed without the written approval of the Lessor and/or its Managing Agent, as well as the execution by the Lessee of all such documents required by the Lessor and/or its Managing Agent, including an Alteration Agreement. Moreover, if such approval is obtained, written notice to all neighbors of the commencement of the construction shall be provided by the Lessee, including the estimated length of time that the construction will take. No construction or repair work or other installation involving noise shall be conducted in any apartment except on weekdays (not including legal holidays) and only between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
(5) No article shall be placed in the halls or on the staircase landings or fire towers, nor shall anything be hung or shaken from the doors, windows, terraces or balconies or placed upon the window sills of the building.
(6) No awnings, window air-conditioning units or ventilators shall be used in or about the building except such as shall have been expressly approved by the Lessor or the managing agent, nor shall anything be projected out of any window of the building without similar approval.
(7) No sign, notice, advertisement or illumination shall be inscribed or exposed on or at any window or other part of the building,except such as shall have been approved in writing by the Lessor or the managing agent.
(8) No bicycles, scooters or similar vehicles shall be allowed in a passenger elevator; and baby carriages and the above-mentioned vehicles shall not be allowed to stand in the public halls, passageways, or courts of the building.
(9) Messengers and trades people shall use only the rear entrances to the building.
(10) Large objects of every kind are to enter and leave the building only through the rear doors.
(11) Newspapers, magazines, aerosol cans, glass jars, bottles and containers are not to be placed in the garbage chutes, but left on the floor of the incinerator closets. Recycling containers shall be used when appropriate. Special arrangements must be made with the superintendent regarding the disposal of all large objects or amounts of waste material;otherwise the Lessee must bear all removal costs.
(12) Sinks, toilets and tubs, and other water apparatuses in the building shall not be used for any purposes other than those for which they were constructed, nor shall any sweepings, rubbish, rags or any other article be thrown into same. The cost of repairing any damage resulting from misuse of any sink, toilet or tub or other apparatus shall be paid for by the Lessee in whose apartment it shall have been caused.
(13) No clothes washing machines and dryers are permitted in individual apartments.
(14) No Lessee shall send any employee of the Lessor out of the building on any private business of a Lessee.
(15) All pets must receive Board approval. Permission to harbor any pet is predicated on the pet being well behaved and the owner not permitting the pet to dirty the grounds or common areas. Failure to maintain said standards is grounds for the revocation of such consent. Effective January 22, 1998, no dogs shall be permitted to be harbored within the premises or walked in the building or on the grounds, unless such pet has been previously approved by the Board. Any resident who has previously been provided permission to harbor a dog may not replace said dog. No pigeons or other birds or animals shall be fed from the window sills, terraces, balconies or in the yard, court spaces or public portions of the building, or on the sidewalk or streets adjacent to the building. No household may harbor more than one (1) cat , effective February 4, 2015.
(16) No radio or television aerial shall be attached to or hung from the exterior of the building without the prior written approval of the Lessor or the managing agent.
(17) No vehicle belonging to a Lessee or to a member of the family or guest, subtenant or employee of a Lessee shall be parked in such manner as to impede or prevent ready access to any entrance of the building by another vehicle.
(18) The Lessor shall have the right from time to time to curtail or relocate any space devoted to storage or laundry purposes.
(19) Unless expressly authorized by the Board of Directors in each case, the floors of each apartment must be covered with rugs or carpeting, or equally effective noise reducing material, in any case, suitably padded, to the extent of at least eighty percent (80% ) of the floor area of each room excepting only kitchens, bathrooms, closets, and foyer. In each application to sublet or purchase, the proposed subtenant and/or proposed lessee (the Applicant) will provide two checks to the managing agent, but made payable to the Lessor, the first, in the amount of $500.00 (the Security Deposit), to be utilized as security against damages in the move in by the Applicant, or any agent thereof to the Building, 280 Bronxville Road, Bronxville, New York, and $1,000.00 (the Carpeting Deposit) to secure that carpeting, in compliance with these House Rules, is installed within 30 days of the date that the Applicant moves into the premises. In the event that the carpeting is not so timely installed, such failure to install same will be a violation of the proprietary lease and /or sublease, whichever is applicable, and result in the forfeiture of the Carpeting Deposit of $1,000.00, but still render the Applicant in violation of the proprietary lease or sublease, whichever is applicable. As such, the Lessor shall have all rights provided to it under the proprietary lease and/or sublease, including eviction and, if applicable, cancellation of the proprietary lease and/or sublease. The Security Deposit for damages to the Building will be returned,or any unused portion thereof, within 10 days of the date that it is determined that no damages were caused to the Building, or if damages were caused to the Building, that the remaining amount of the Security Deposit covers the costs of the Lessor. The Security Deposit shall not serve as a limitation to the liability of the Applicant, and if the damages exceed $500.00, the Applicant will be responsible for the overage.
(20) No group tour or exhibition of any apartment or its contents shall be conducted nor shall any auction sale be held in any apartment without the consent of the Lessor or its managing agent.
(21) The Lessee shall keep the windows of the apartment clean.In case of refusal or neglect of the Lessee during ten (10) days after notice in writing from the Lessor or the managing agent to clean the windows, such cleaning may be done by the Lessor, which shall have the right, by its officers or authorized agents, to enter the apartment for the purpose and to charge the cost of such cleaning to the Lessee.
(22) Complaints regarding the service of the building shall be made in writing to the managing agent of the Lessor.
(23) Any consent or approval given under these House Rules by the Lessor shall be revocable at any time.
(24) Only on-road motor vehicles bearing current registration and inspection certificates are permitted in the garage.
(25) No Lessee shall install any plantings on the terrace, balcony or roof without the prior written approval of the Lessor. Charcoal, gas, or any other type grills are absolutely prohibited on these surfaces.
(26) The agents of the Lessor, and any contractor or workman authorized by the Lessor, may enter any apartment at any reasonable hour of the day for the purpose of inspecting such apartment to ascertain whether measures are necessary to or desirable to control or exterminate any vermin, insects or other pests and for the purpose of taking such measures as may be necessary to control or exterminate any such vermin, insects or other pests. If the Lessor takes measures to control or exterminate carpet beetles, the cost thereof shall be payable by the Lessee, as additional rent.
(27) The obligation of the Lessee to provide the Lessor with a key to each lock providing access to the residential apartment or storage space is set forth in paragraph 25 of the Proprietary Lease, which paragraph is incorporated by reference herein. Nothing herein shall limit said obligation or the rights of the parties set forth in paragraph 25. However, in the event of an emergency, if access is not so provided, any costs incurred by the Lessor in gaining such access will be charged to the Lessee. All keys provided by Lessor shall be returned upon moving out of the building.
(28) Any person moving out of the building (the Departing Applicant) is required to post a security deposit of five hundred ($500) dollars with the managing agent. The cost of any resulting damage caused by the Departing Applicant, or his/her agents, will be deducted from that sum, but the $500 security deposit shall not serve as a limitation to the liability of the Departing Applicant and if the damages exceed $500, the Departing Applicant will be responsible for the overage. The security deposit will not be returned unless and until an inspection by the Lessor, or its appointed designee is made, and verification is obtained that no resulting damage has occurred, or if resulting damage has occurred, the remaining amount of the security deposit is sufficient to cover the costs of the Lessor. A Departing Applicant, in connection with a sale or sublease, shall provide to Management at the time of submission of the application, a check made payable to the Lessor in the amount of $500.00, as part of the application to sublet or sell, which check shall be deposited and disbursed as set forth above.
(29) No moving will be permitted on weekends or holidays. Moving will be allowed Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Further, the party moving in and the moving company must notify the superintendent at least two (2) days prior to the actual move.
(30) Maintenance charges are due on the first of the month, in advance. In the event that the Apartment Corporation is not in receipt of all such sums due from the shareholder by the 10th of the month, a recurring administrative charge of twenty five dollars ($25) per month shall be due to the Apartment Corporation until all outstanding sums are paid. Nothing herein shall be construed to extend or modify the Lessee's obligation to timely pay maintenance charges nor the Lessor's right to take action against a defaulting Lessee.
(31) These House Rules may be added to, amended or repealed at any time by resolution of the Board of Directors of the Lessor.
(32) Every Lessee shall install and maintain within the Lessee's apartment, at the Lessee's sole cost and expense, operable smoke detectors in compliance with all applicable provisions of New York State and the City of Yonkers Laws, including, but not limited to, Section 378 of the Executive Law of the State of New York, as well as carbon monoxide sensors/alarms in compliance with all applicable provisions of New York State and the City of Yonkers Laws, including, but not limited to, "Amanda's Law", Subdivision (d) of Section 1220 in Part 1220 of Title 19NYCRR of the State of New York.